First Android Powered Nokia Smartphone is Finally Here
Jan 10, 2017
Nokia is back in the game with its newest smartphone, the Nokia 6. This time around its not based on Windows and features Android 7.0 Nougat instead.
HMD Global, the manufacturer behind the new Nokia smartphone, announced the phone in a press release yesterday. It will be released in China exclusively through JD.com in early 2017 according to the company. There is no word on an international release yet but since its Nokia, an international debut is on the cards
It will cost CNY 1,699 in China which is around Rs. 25,000.
Internals and Storage
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor @1.4 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB of internal storage.
- MicroSD card Not Confirmed.
- Android 7.0 Nougat.
Camera and Battery
The primary camera is a 16 MP sensor with Phase Detection Autofocus and a flash. Video recording is limited to 1080p@30fps due to the chipset’s limitations.
The front camera features an 8 MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture
Dolby Atmos Surround sound is included to ensure an optimal audio experience. A fingerprint sensor is also included on the front at the bottom of the screen.
Nokia 6 Specification
- CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- GPU: Adreno 505
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p resolution (401 ppi)
- Fingerprint scanner
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 64 GB
- Card slot: Unknown
- Primary: 16 MP, f/2.0, Phase Detection Autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Price: Rs 25,000PKR (aprox.)